Thursday 28 July 2011

The Sookie Stackhouse Books: Charlaine Harris 'Book 12' Spoilers


Spoilers after break!



Taken from Charlaineharris.com
“I’m in the usual rush to conclude Sookie 12. This is the longest one of my books has gone without a title, and I’m not happy about that, but it was hard to determine the theme of the book. There are generic titles with “dead” in them I could use for almost any book, but I do like the title to be relevant. The rose just hasn’t bloomed; but I’ll bet it will in the next two weeks.
“While I know where I want to be at the end of each book, I don’t always know how I’m getting there. Sometimes I surprise myself. Last night, Sookie got kidnapped, and I’m going to see how that shakes out. A character I thought was dead is probably alive, and I’m real happy for him. Then again, if the work doesn’t go so well today, he may be dead again. This is the fun (and the panic) of being a writer. Every day brings decisions, and I have the power of life and death and procreation over all these people I’ve invented.”

No comments:

Post a Comment