Saturday 29 January 2011

True Blood Cast Talks Season 4



David Bowie as Sookie’s grandfather!! I wish Joe, Bowie would be amazing!! Check out the MTV interviews at source or read the interviews below! :)


“Well, if you read the books you know that next season is all about fightin’ witches,” Nelsan Ellis teased about season four’s fun new plotline. “So we shall see,” he said.
But will we get to see Lafayette and Hoyt get involved in that?
Jim Parrack (Hoyt) offered to demonstrate his skills right away.
“I’ll fight a witch right now,” he said. “I’ll fight a witch tonight!”
“Maybe,” Ellis added, sounding skeptical about Parrack’s fighting ways. “And maybe Hoyt is a witch.”
“A good witch, like the white witch in ‘Wizard of Oz,’ ” Parrack added.
Todd Lowe, who plays big-hearted war vet Terry, seemed overwhelmed with all the supernatural elements that have been added to the show.
“Fighting witches? It seems fun,” he said. “I’m wondering what the next supernatural thing [is going to be] because we started with vampires, then you get shapeshifters, maenad, fairies, now werepanthers and now witches.
“We’ve got griffins that could come in and Frankensteins,” Lowe joked.
When asked whether Terry has any supernatural in him, Lowe said he hoped not. “I don’t know. I like playing a human right now,” he said. “So, no.”
Actress Lindsey Haun’s wishes for her character, Sookie’s cousin Hadley, are quite the opposite: She’s excited to explore her supernatural side.
“We haven’t really touched on her magical side,” Haun said. “She has some fun with being a witch, and she also turns into a vampire, so I’m really excited to get my own set of fangs — if that happens. I don’t know, they keep us so in the dark, I have no idea what’s going on. Nelsan, who plays Lafayette, we’re constantly like, ‘What’s next in the books? What are we doing next?’ He’s pretty good, actually, he keeps me up on what’s going to happen.”
Swedish dreamboat Alexander Skarsgård (Eric Northman) joked that he hopes he makes it back on air next season.
“We’ll see what happens in the last episode; I’m just happy if I get to come back next year,” he joked. (As if he wouldn’t.)
As for Bon Temps’ resident scaredy cat Arlene (played by Carrie Preston), the actress said she enjoys playing one of the only people on the show who is actually worried about the vamp danger factor.
“She’s a little narrow-minded. She’s sort of designed to be ridiculed because of that,” Preston said of her character’s attitude. “I take it as a challenge to make her a full, well-rounded, grounded, real, human being. The views that she expresses on the show are quite valid, which is, vampires really shouldn’t be around our children, and I think that’s a valid thing with them being cold-blooded killers.
“They make it seem like they’re so sexy and everything,” she added. “But meanwhile they have these urges sometimes that they can’t control.”
Still, scary or no, Preston said she’d like Arlene to get in on the supernatural action.
“I would like to see her get involved in some kind of the supernatural in some way. I’m just saying that’s what I would like. I’m not giving anything away. No one has said anything to me,” she insisted. “But the supernaturals seem to have a little more fun.”
Indeed they do, which is half of the reason the show is so fun for fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment